Sunday, December 6, 2009

Invitations.




So, I am taking (yet another) break from studying for exams to blog about invitations.
I'm thinking of going with this whole vintage thing. I found so many beautiful invitations that I know the designer(s) I have in mind to ask to design them would be able to come up with something of the same sort of style.
This one reminds me of the style of pottery I found while hunting for sea glass this summer. I love almost everything about this.

This next one is alright. I think the only reason why I even saved the picture is because I like that beige/cream colour. Other than that it's a bit boring.
If this was a different colour, I'd like it a lot. It's a bit too dark for a wedding, I think.


I like the colour of this one, but not so much the brown. I really like the flowers though. I have GOT to learn to love script fonts *shudder*

I promised that I wouldn't update this blog until I finished all my exams. Oops, I couldn't help myself! Leave me suggestions/links, etc.









5 comments:

  1. heh, i'm in the same boat. i write my first exam on thursday, but cannot get into the study groove yet.

    here is a site i found, but haven't really explored it. I'm also wanting to do the vintage theme as well, or at least have SOME of it in a vintage style.

    a frind of mine who got married this past october used the services of another friend (they are out in calgary, though) for their invitations, which were BEAUTIFUL. they opened up like a story book, rather than the old fashioned one-sheet style invite. i def. want something unique and different than of the one-sheet style. the link for her is www.glimpz.ca , to give you a few other ideas!

    /sorry to be totally dominating your blog. i'm a procrastinator too!

    www.mymodernvitagewedding.blogspot.com

    if you're not already following it on twitter, i highly recommend the Martha Stewart Weddings site (twitter link is there). they have some fab ideas, a lot of classic ideas etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh, that post totally got messed up. the last paragraph was supposed to be after the second one, and the modernvintage link was supposed to be up higher...odd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem! I love it! I just started following you on Twitter, chelsea gave me your link, I hope you don't mind! I love the bridesmaids dresses you just posted!

    I have an exam tomorrow, wednesday and thursday and I'm so not ready for any of them. I just got engaged last monday so that's all I can think about.

    The mymodernvintagewedding.blogspot.com thing didn't work...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. weird. i'll send you a DM on twitter (i followed you back, ha) maybe it's just blogger being weird, who knows?

    congrats, by the way!! do you guys have a date set? it is very exciting, isn't it! almost want to punish the boy for doing it before classes were over! (mine proposed in october while we were away for another wedding, so instead of studying for classes i was missing, i was doing wedding research!)

    again, congrats and enjoy all the fun this event has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you attending at the gold and platinum versions you get added Replica Cartier but ones that accent those abstracts more. For the air-conditioned ablaze adaptation you apperceive to go with the titanium model. Anniversary of the models has a altered palette of colors for the dial.

    ReplyDelete