Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Those little bridal shrug thingies.




Surprisingly, something borderline useful came from facebook ads.

The Gala Expo is held in Moncton on February 21st and it showcases almost all things wedding. My sister and a few friends and I were thinking of going over around then anyways, so it seems like the perfect time! Plus, there's a 1 in 5000 chance of winning a new car.

Maybe my father was right when he said "If you have a year and a half to plan a wedding, it'll take you a year and a half".

Oh yeah, tentative date: June 11, 2011 or June 18, 2011!

Doreen and I are looking at these little jacket thingies to go over sleeveless dresses.

These are just examples, it all depends on the dress, if I even need one. I am loving lace though, I'll tell you that much.




I'm pretty much decided on not a pure white as well - it looks terrible on me and it's one tradition that I'm willing to overlook so I don't look like a giant marshmallow.

Annnd we think we have our song picked out for our first dance, but I'm not sure if you're supposed to keep these things quiet or not so I'll hush for now!

6 comments:

  1. congrats! and i'm so glad your date doesn't conflict with mine...we'd be fighting for a few friends to attend, lol!

    love the jackets~!!! a friend of mine did an oyster colour...looked gorgeous.


    good luck on winning the car! heh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh did you get a blog all set up?? When's the date?? Ha, we'd definitely have a bit of trouble with more than one person, that's for sure!
    How's everything going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I have said a few times...I am soo excited/happy for you!
    June is an excellent month to get married in :).
    I must say, I also like the idea of an off white wedding dress. I personally, went that route, as I didn't want to be washed away. I do recommend trying on a couple of white dresses...just to help prove your point. I did and it definitely helped with my decision! :)

    YAY for deciding your first song already! I would love to hear what you have decided (if and when you start unleashing the details)! :)
    Sounds like you are on a roll my dear!
    Best of luck and keep those ideas flowing!
    Merrett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Merrett! I'll be relying on you for the answers to a few questions in the future I'm sure, I'm just doing all the fun stuff first obviously, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries Marsha!
    Anything I can help you with...I am honoured to do! :)
    And there is nothing wrong with that! Just make sure to save some of those fun things for the end too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no blog yet. i should do that soon. in fact, that might be my tomorrow project! hehe. we're having an engagement party tomorrow at my parents house anyway, so it is fitting!

    and yes, i'm glad we don't have to fight for guests! we had two weddings conflicting this fall, and believe me, it was hard to decide. we of course went with the one who send the invites first, but sadly the second one was my cousin. first family wedding i missed in years.

    i'll sed you the link when i set it up! i love this wedding crap!

    ReplyDelete