Monday, January 18, 2010

Teapot centerpieces.

Teapot centerpieces.
No, I'm not crazy. Jacob and I both love this idea.

Being from the Souris area, I grew up being called a tea slurper, or a biscuit eater. My family drinks tea like it's going out of style. What better way to commemorate something that's been a huge part of the MacDonald/Robertson/Gallant way of life than to have vintage looking teapots as centerpieces? I'm not sure what to put in them. Flowers? Maybe a plant?

The idea is to put one as a centerpiece at each table, then stick a ticket underneath one seat. Whoever has a ticket underneath their seat gets to take home the centerpiece. I'm also thinking that they do not all have to be the same.

What do you think?
A few examples of what I mean.



8 comments:

  1. That's a fabulous idea! I really like the first one. Stuffing a ton of flowers into one pot would look great. Making each one slightly different would be good as well as long as it goes with your color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are lovely :) :) i wonder if u could find a bunch of vintage pretty ones ohhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous idea. while i'm out scouting for my own vintage centerpieces (i'll blog about it later!) i'll keep my eye open for teapots. do you know how many you'll need? i love that it ties in with something personal about you both! that's so charming!

    i am hoping to do my centerpieces with plants or herbs, instead of flowers..price is one reason, allergies are another! and i am not very fussy about flowers anyway :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. I was going to do something like that and you can use the idea too if you want. I was going to put tea lights in tea cups around the tables. I've just been collecting them from grandparents and value village.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat idea I think Joanne Jackie has a collection that she had on her Cupboard 20 or so I'll ask if she still has them. I think a plant would be nice too. g

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're looking to save money maybe you can plant a bunch of flowers some where. Even if you just use them for fillers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For those who want to experience the beauty and luxury of fake watches but don't want to spend much money, they should go for other ideal options. Buying second-hand luxury Replica Panerai Watches are realistic, as long as they look fine and work in good condition. Compared to the imitation or fake ones that are copied from the original, they are relatively better. Buy second-hand luxury Replica Patek Philippe Watches can undoubtedly save money.

    ReplyDelete